The Fifth Horseman: Dispatches From The Ministry Of Truth

Saturday, October 01, 2005

 

Dispatches From The Ministry Of Truth

Wow. I have lost complete faith in the Department of Education.

First, there were Bill Bennett's loving comments...now there is this.

That's right...apparently, the Department of Education is now functioning as something of a Ministry Of Truth, as well. Illegally, of course. From the New York Times:
Federal auditors said on Friday that the Bush administration violated the law by buying favorable news coverage of President Bush's education policies, by making payments to the conservative commentator Armstrong Williams and by hiring a public relations company to analyze media perceptions of the Republican Party.

In a blistering report, the investigators, from the Government Accountability Office, said the administration had disseminated "covert propaganda" in the United States, in violation of a statutory ban.

Of course, I doubt that anything will come of this. Just like the Abu Gharaib abuse, and every other Chickenhawk Scandal, the only punishments will be doled out to hapless underlings and middle-management types. I would like to hope that we have some accountability for the higher-ups, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

In other news, this is an interesting report. I'm not sure that I agree with some of its conclusions...but it's interesting nevertheless.

Well, this has been a short update. Now, I have some Saturday cleaning to do.

Comments:
I agree, the hapless underlings and middle-management types will see no punishment.
Like to said before ""all torture is wrong.""

peace
 
I agree, the only punishments will be doled out to hapless underlings and middle-management types. The little guy, always pays.

Peace
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?