The Fifth Horseman: I've got to be careful what I wish for....

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 

I've got to be careful what I wish for....

I remember an entry a couple days ago in which I urged my fellow bloggers to concentrate on issues other than Karl Rove alone. Today, I got my wish, and more than I bargained for...

Now, it seems that we're concentrating on everything but Karl Rove. We've allowed ourselves to be distracted by the Bolton nomination, which is exactly what Bush wants to happen. Observe the top ten searches on technorati.com:

1. “Mighty Mouse”
2. “Paul Hackett”
3. “Harry Potter”
4. Linux
5. Flickr
6. “John Bolton”
7. Bolton
8. Oscon
9. “Six Feet Under”
10. Beer

Bolton occupies two of the spaces, while Rove occupies none. It has been like this all day!

This is ridiculous, people. Sure, the Bolton appointment is an outrage, but the fact is that there is nothing we can do about it. The Karl Rove scandal, on the other hand, we can do something about by pressing the administration to bring him to justice.

It would be wise for us to quit worrying about the things we can do nothing about and start focusing on the things we can do something about. We need to focus all our attention on fanning public outcry for bringing Turdblossom to justice. We can't fall for these cheap ploys of distraction anymore.

So start fanning the flames of outrage so we can bring Turdblossom down.

I know you can do it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?